You could use this for everything from arranging rides to scheduling a party.
- Go to https://docs.google.com
- Click on New and choose spreadsheet.
- Click on the title, "Unnamed Spreadsheet", and enter a title.
- Enter column headings into row 1, across the top.
- Click on the "Share" tab.
- Under "Invite people:" choose "to fill out a form."
- Click on "Start editing your form..."
- Fill in the box below the title, which says "You can include any text or info that will help people fill this out."
- Press "Next, choose recipients."
Now to embed the form in a web page,
- Click on "Embed", in the upper-right-hand corner.
- Copy the link location to that web page, as instructed.
- Go back to the spreadsheet and click the "Publish" tab.
- Press "Publish now".
- Click the bottom link, "More publishing options."
- Click "Generate URL."
- Copy the link location and paste it into whatever web page you want to display the spreadsheet on.