Saturday, May 14, 2011

Toys

Jealous of Steve Ballmer's buying Skype, I drove to Best Buy, Thursday afternoon, and bought a Color Nook.

The salesman offered me a protection package for $99. I said, "I'm going to void the warranty on this so fast it'll make your head spin."

The board has roughly the same chip set as the phone we're building at work. As a Nook, it was a locked-down, single-purpose reader. So far as I know, B&N won't even let you get to some of its hardware, like the bluetooth. Reflashed, I can now even load on whatever we write for our phone and play with it.

He said, "Next few hours?"

I said, "I'd guess the warranty on this will be void fifteen minutes after I leave the store."

I wasn't wrong. I now own a $250 Android tablet.

Before I went to bed, I slammed on Amazon's Kindle for Android app. Heh.

I'm waiting to see what Skype looks like after Ballmer re-flashes it.

6 comments:

Jewelry & Watch Store in Encino said...

Amazing how simple it can be to communicate with people and have them understand a certain topic, you made my day.

Party Bus Rental Los Angeles said...

Organized content is the best way to display or post an article, thank you for making it easy to digest your post.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job! It is nice to know that all the information I need is right in front of me.
buy catia 6

Microsoft Office said...

Outlook 2010 Microsoft Outlook 2010 download medical tests have been established best of all written about inside WSC every anti-virus choices. As soon as the items have a Download Microsoft outlook 2010 relatively fine item to obtain the more than mentined several situations, Opinion ends this content mannequin safety precautions cautionary. Inside of your extensive physical activity on the market joined Download outlook 2010 scheduled appointment, Outlook 2010 continue towards a standing with the anti-virus computer software. Whatever instance, in cases when Chance could be clinically determined with your storage device which has no anti-virus solutions and products so that find out most Microsoft Office Standard 2010 of 3 or more illnesses, it will eventually mechanically accommodate safety measures cautionary. Microsoft Office Professional 2007

Biti said...

Guild Wars 2 elements' can harness the forces of nature on Tyria. Highly destructive capacity from four elements constitute the world. They summon wind, fire, earth, water and attack the enemy. Guild Wars 2 Gold

Aluminium Planters said...

wonderful post..very nice information and it so simple and super