Sunday, May 15, 2011

Audiobooks, Sort Of

I began looking for mp3 audiobooks to put in my Amazon Cloud Storage, so I could play them on my Android tablet, and ended up somewhere I hadn't guessed.

I've read that folks use their phones as MP3 players. Mine has its battery run down so fast when I use it as a phone that I can't imagine doing that. Perhaps I'm missing something.

But my NookieTab is a toy I'm exploring the boundaries of, so I bought some music, put it up in Amazon's free, Cloud Storage service, and tried playing it with their Cloud Player. Works fine.

Great.

How about an audiobook? Amazon doesn't sell many audiobooks in its MP3 store, because of DRM, but I saw Indian Tales, by Kipling and bought it. Kipling spins great yarns -- very listen-able.

Then I tried it. The book is machine-read. The synthesized voice has a British accent, which is a nice touch.

I went back and saw a book on Italian. This time, I sampled it before buying. Yup! It's lessons in synthesized English on how to speak Italian. Hearing is believing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Coming from in which that started in only a storage area simply by several grouped mountaineers, Wildcraft provides appear a considerable ways consequently. chanel replica bags Headquartered with Bangalore, India, the business features a multitude range of goods together with classes for instance garments, products and also shoes or boots to be able to enjoy the outrageous and also brave part. hublot replica In addition to these kinds of, Wildcraft furthermore provides for a repertoire regarding rucksacks, convertibles, shoes or boots, huskies, outdoor jackets, cheaters, slumbering hand bags, tents as well as other components regarding trekking. replica chanel Regarding repeated holidaymakers, Wildcraft gives many hand bags including duffels, wheelers, pouches, gear and also these kinds of. fake omega Preserving the particular metropolitan and also knowledgeable human population at heart, Wildcraft paves way for many backpacks, slings, T-shirts, less difficult and also capitals etc. fake chanel Besides these kinds of, Wildcraft furthermore properties a selection of particular products that features ponchos, rain-cheaters, umbrellas, saddle hand bags, swiss-knives, hydration provides and also sippers and even more.