Monday, January 28, 2008

How to Embed Presentations in Web Pages

Google is growing its on-line presentation tool -- its PowerPoint. The presentations aren't animated -- I hate animated presentations anyway -- but they do have several things going for them.
  1. I can make them, in a browser, from anywhere. You can see them, in a browser, from anywhere.
  2. Sharing. I can co-build a presentation.
  3. I don't need to carry them around. I can walk in, connect someone else's box to a projector, and show my presentation from the web.
  4. I can embed presentations in a web page.
I can create simple spreadsheets with Google's spreadsheet tool that have the first three properties, but not the fourth. To see how cool that is, here's a presentation I did for Larry Hunter's lab, down at the med school, a couple of months ago:



I just created the presentation, clicked on Publish, and cut-and-pasted the HTML it gave me.

If someone reading this knows how to do this with spreadsheets, tell me.

1 comment:

Cat said...

Google docs are useful for all the reasons you said.

But I find them most invaluable, so far, for helping manage my son's schoolwork between Mom and Dad's houses.

I think this might be how Google starts to kick MS butt.