My friend, Debi, wants to put a newsletter article about herself on her LinkedIn page. All she has is the pdf for the entire magazine issue. She doesn't even have a PDF writer on her Windows box.
Piece of cake.
- She mails me the pdf.
- I use Ubuntu's Document Viewer to bring up the PDF.
- I print page 2 to a file, as PDF.
- I use convert(1) to turn that pdf into a png.
- I import the png into my blog.
- We verify that she can see it, and that it suits her needs.
- We use Blogger to create her a blog, put the same png into her own blog entry, and point to it on her LinkedIn page.